Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
limit screwed
807 Posts
Your sitbones are measured at 128mm apart, or that is the size saddle prescribed?

If those are your sitbone dimensions, you need something wider by at least 20-30mm, perhaps more.

If that's the size saddle, of the options you've provided, I'd check out the SLR Gel Flow. The Fizik Arione is another popular narrow saddle.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
The SLR is nice, but will wear quickly. I rode SLRs for several years, but got tired of having to replace them so often, about every 1 - 1.5 years. I went to other extreme and got a Brooks B17N. I don't think I will have any problems with it wearing out fast!

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
RyanM said:
I am measured to be around 128 for a saddle
Options
Bontrager Inform RL 128
Selle Italia SLR 130 or gel flow
Selle Italia Flite 130 or gel flow

Has anyone had good experience with any of these?
I have been using the E3 Form Ti saddle (purchased from Performance) for about 900 miles and have been extremely happy with it. I think it measures about 130 mm.

It's very inexpensive, but good quality and light weight. It might be worth a try, especially since you can return it easily if you don't like it. They also make a gel version that's little heavier, but I haven't used it.

·
Reality Star
930 Posts
+1 Agree with the above but always go with what fits you. Also saddle adjustment is critical. My favorites so far:

1. E3 Form Titanium/Gel I have both, the Gel is on my MTB. For me the most comfortable for the longest rides. Can be purchased online for under $30 if you are patient.
2. Selle Italia SLR Very nice but $100 more expensive
3. Selle San Marco Aspide FX Lighter but not as comfortable as the above.

·
Registered
10,161 Posts
shape...

I don't believe that a particular maximum width will guarantee comfort. If the shape is wrong, the width won't matter. It seem to me that you might just sit a little further forward on a saddle that is a bit wider. I found that the majority of road saddles were too flat from side to side, with small radius corners in the sitbone area. A more rounded shape works for me and most likely counts as a narrow saddle. I find the Fizik Gobi to be more comfortable than any other saddle around.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.