Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Nashbar 25% off including Garmin

4K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  Migen21 
#1 · (Edited)
Nashbar has a sale that is an extra 25% off with some exclusions, the discount shows up in your cart, no code required. I just ordered a Garmin 820 for $299, 25% off the regular $399. This is the first time I've seen a discount available on the 820.

The 25% applies to some Garmin, not all. You can see where it applies if you search for Garmin, it's listed under each product it will apply to.

#5 ·
when I put an 820 in the cart last night and chose Australia it would let me check out. When I put the 820 combo in the cart this morning it would not, and the 820 alone was out of stock so I couldn't check to see if something had changed in the way it worked. It's a moot point, the sale is over now.

#7 ·
Already here - now the set up and learning curve begins.....

Display device Electronic device Brown Product Text

#15 ·
And the Garmin 820 and 820 bundle are included - BTW, mine has worked very well, I expected some hickups typical with Garmins but it hasn't been the case.

#16 ·
Just FYI, Nashbar must have run into trouble with Garmin and other vendors, because the current sale (24% off total sale), doesn't work for Garmin or Shimano. In fact, when I called, because I thought the shimano brake rotors would be discounted and I assumed there was a website glitch, I was directed to this statement:

*Not all vendors participate in all promotions. Promotions may not apply to the following: Avid, Fox, Fox Racing, Garmin, GoPro, Mavic, Park Tool, Pearl Izumi, PowerTap, Quarq, Shimano, Speedplay, Zipp Speed Weaponry, select Avid, select SRAM, select ISM. Promotions may exclude bikes and bike frames.

That is a long list of excluded vendors....

#17 ·
I have seen that before, sometimes it works on some of the Garmin line, and sometimes it doesn't apply to anything from Garmin. When I got the deal, it was only applicable on a few which included the 820 and the 820 combo. I would guess Garmin approved the discount to get more in the market for word of mouth reviews etc to accelerate adoption of the new 820 which is why it worked on the 820 and very few other Garmin products.

#18 · (Edited)
I buy from Nashbar on the 25% sales frequently. Recently they had Michelin service course tires in 25mm for $19.00 so I bought 4 of them and that gave me free shipping. Those tires are discontinued but at a bike shop you could expect to pay around $55.00 a tire.

We just have one bike shop in the county and the owner does not like me at all so I do not shop there. He is the only bike shop for 50 miles so I am pretty much mail order only these days. I do my own maintenance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.