Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone using these? I have an older hybrid that I'm converting into a road touring bike, and it needs a new bottom bracket and could stand to have a fresh cassette after a fair bit of rusting that I only partially solved. I'd like to be able change my chainrings as well, and Nashbar has a crank that's marketed for that very thing (mine are welded to the crank). Their parts work and hold up okay? I'm not looking for Ultegra-level components or shaving weight off it; just decently sturdy parts that work as advertised. It's a $300 hybrid back in '93, so I'm not replacing expensive components though they've served me well. What ya think?

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
No personal experience with Nash drivetrain stuff, but everything else house-brand stuff I've tried from them has been OK. Not light or flashy but it works well at a decent price. For your purposes, I'd say go for it.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,979 Posts
Oldteen said:
No personal experience with Nash drivetrain stuff, but everything else house-brand stuff I've tried from them has been OK. Not light or flashy but it works well at a decent price. For your purposes, I'd say go for it.
Me too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts