Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the Nashbar fluid resistance trainer mostly for my wife but I will ride it also from time to time. Set up was easy and switching out bikes is no problem

I tested it out today and after about 15minutes it started to deliver uneven resistance. It would become harder and then easier as I rode. Tire was adjusted to the trainer according to the instructions as everything actually. .Shifting up or down 1 gear would provide the resistance I wanted as it goes back and forth.

Basically is that expected with this type trainer?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do not know much about them. Just picked one out is all. I suppose if the resistance weakens over time that would not be that great either. I don't know but will just ride it for a couple weeks and then decide to keep it or send it back. Maybe the change in resistance is just a breaking in period or something.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nashbar has good customer service and I'd call them if you haven't already.

I have not called them actually. I figured whoever answered the phone would just say to return it. However I have returned stuff to Nashbar before and they are straight up about it.

I was going to see how it goes first and return it in a month if it is a problem. The deal with returning is it's heavy and the return shipping will not be cheap. They have a $7.00 fine to return stuff. So it's kind of almost not worth sending back other then just to be rid of it.

I am going to use it for a month and see if it is a consistent thing. I was thinking maybe after it breaks in some the fluid inside would smooth out possibly. I will ride on it again tonight. I missed my ride today because I had a damaged fence from the storms and spent the morning doing a repair. So an indoor ride tonight seems like a good idea.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts