Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What the hell. I ordered some tires that were shipped out on the 30th Priority mail and still haven't received it yet. This is from Ohio to Connecticut. I ship all the time to CA. and the package gets there in 4 days. Is this crap or what. I get stuff from Probikekit in England faster. I had this happen a few years back with them on a jersey I ordered from them. Anyone else have trouble with getting late packages from Nashbar? This is the last time they get an order out me!

·
Weed
1,037 Posts
High Gear said:
What the hell. I ordered some tires that were shipped out on the 30th Priority mail and still haven't received it yet. This is from Ohio to Connecticut. I ship all the time to CA. and the package gets there in 4 days. Is this crap or what. I get stuff from Probikekit in England faster. I had this happen a few years back with them on a jersey I ordered from them. Anyone else have trouble with getting late packages from Nashbar? This is the last time they get an order out me!

Nashbar can be slow but the last time I ordered from them (a few weeks ago) it got here in just 4 days. Quite a surprise for regular shipping.

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,416 Posts
Umm, correct me if I'm missing something, but once it shipped on 3/30, how long it takes to get to you has nothing to do with Nashbar. It's the USPS that's doing you wrong, if anybody.

If it shipped UPS, well, there are actually some things the shipper can do that might slow up your receipt of the package, but with USPS, it leaves Nashbar in the postman's hands, and it's all USPS from there to your door.

Next time get it shipped with a trackable service. That's what I hate about USPS--no tracking.

·
Banned
6,360 Posts
But you DO get to pay shipping. How abour your LBS?

As the other post said, if Nashbar shipped them, your beef is with the carrier, USPS or FedEx or whoever. Nashbar has no control over the package once it leaves the office
(though I can't resist adding that I cut a tire on a ride on Friday night, ordered a new one online from Rivendell at 7 p.m. and it was sitting on my desk when I got to work at 8 Monday morning).
I ordered from Riv because I had a gift certificate I wanted to use up. For things like tires, though, consider shopping at your local bike shop, The price difference is often less than the shipping cost for mail order, you walk out with the tires in your hand and you get to know the guys, so when you have a problem some Saturday afternoon, they're likely to help you.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I almost think that they are bs'in about the ship date. Like I said, I use the good old U.S. Postal service all the time with never a late package. I would have ordered from another source but it was the Vittoria team CSC red tires that nobody else had. By the way. If I ever get these tires, I'll be dropping the bomb on the Neo / modern retro bike thread below with a true nuevo / retro bike.

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?t=47744

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I ordered stuff last week and had no issues. Don't bash Nashbar when the carrier is screwing you.

I ordered stuff from Nashbar on Monday. I had it shippped 2-day. The difference between Ground and 2-day was $3. It arrived Wednesday. I was riding with my new cranks Thurs. morning. HeHe!!! :p

·
Registered
105 Posts
Did you call them? I had the same problem, waiting for replacement brakes for my bike (last piece to get it back on the road). I called them after it had been over 12 business days (must wait at least that long first) and they told me they were using a new carrier or something and they weren't working out so well. Person I talked to shipped another priority overnight (no charge to me) so I wouldn't miss another weekend of riding. After four weeks total, the first one finally arrived this weekend, so I'll be calling them tomorrow to see what they'd like me to do as far as shipping it back to them. All in all, I was impressed. The shipment before did the 4-day thing, to Texas.

So there y'all go -- a Nashbar rave of sorts. :eek:

·
Registered
163 Posts
The last time I ordered from Nashbar it arrived a day early. But I attribute this to FedEx since the previous package I received through them arrived a day early. :)

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Nice loser rant

High Gear said:

Don't you get a shipping confirmation email with the tracking codes? Where does it say it is at?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ya, complain to Nashbar if when you receive it, you see the postage was dated a few days after they said they shipped it. If not, wasn't their fault.

·
Registered
495 Posts
just got a new seat from nashbar, 2 day air and it was here in 2 days!

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's what I'll do.

Heck said:
Ya, complain to Nashbar if when you receive it, you see the postage was dated a few days after they said they shipped it. If not, wasn't their fault.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Happens all the time

In my experience, unless you pay for upgraded shipping, Nashbar/Performance/etc. don't shipt <b>Priority</b> Mail, but they use they cheapest shipping available (why wouldn't they), which is usually APX. I have no idea what APX is, but I believe it to be the uber-slow conterpart to Priority Mail.

I have regularly had packages take 2-3 weeks for delivery, even though they were shipped in a timely manner. Yet another reason to support your LBS...I would venture to guess that the money you saved isn't worth all this hassle, right?

If I DO decide to order something online, I always spring for upgraded shipping. What can I say, I'm an impatient bastard :)

If you do a lot of online shopping, spend $20 and join Team Performance....you get a free upgrade to 2-day shipping with every order.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
High Gear said:
Nashbar can be very slow, but they have less order screwups than most. If I'm in a hurry for something, I shop somewhere else. If there's a chance I'll have to return/exchange the item, I'll give them a shot. If I want the lowest price with no screwups, I go through CBO and use the "price smash" function.

·
Registered
819 Posts
APX is shipping hell. What APX does is take the package from the shipper and transport it through their own trucks (or carrier pigeons, based on the time) and then mail it priority mail close to the destination. They are, though, as slow as one could possibly be. I shipped a return to performance, it was there in 3-4 days. They shipped back to me, using USPS Priority, but really APX, and it took APX 24 days to get it to Dallas, then 2 days for the Post Office to deliver (one day was a Sunday, so really only 1 day to get it to me.) Performance saves a dollar or 2 on shipping, we get screwed.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yes, my experienes with Nashbar and Supergo using USPS Priority mail (actually APX) also usually takes three weeks (I'm in CA). I've shipped things back to them using USPS Priority mail before and it usually is within 3 days to get to them...rather than 3 weeks... IOW's don't use the USPS option when buying from these Performance chains.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I may be able to shed some light on recent slow shipments. I found a veloce 12-25 cassette (now discontinued with them) for $60. Too good to pass up & with a 10% promotion code it was $54. I ordered that and a few other items in early March. I didn't receive them after a couple of weeks, and called and the customer service lady was really nice and apologetic and said that APX (their budget carrier) had filed bankruptcy (which I independently verified) and a bunch of boxes were in APX's warehouses and they were trying to use other means of getting them out. She said give it one more week, and she would refund the money if I hadn't received my package (since the item was discontinued & they couldn't reship). Hadn't received it in three weeks, so I called back and she refunded my money without any hassel.

So I finally get the package about a week later, called back, and asked her to recharge my card rather than ship it back. Can't have too many spare cassettes!!

I absolutely will do business with them again. They were responsive and refunded my money without any problems. The moral is, pay a couple extra bucks and ship UPS. Brown has never let me down.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts