Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which shop was it, I am from Nashville? Move from Franklin to Houston about 6 years ago but all of my family is in the Nashville area. I'd bet it was an inside job, former co-worker or something similar.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Sounds like organized crime was responsible. And probably instructed to pull the job - with an out-of-state buyer waiting for delivery. No way would some kids be able to accomplish this and try to sell 'em on the local Craigslist.

·
Registered
185 Posts
This past weekend one of our local bicycle shops was broken into.Please keep your eye out for the following. Thanks in advance.

Pinarello FP6 Chorus 11 55 White, black, red, White Talon bar/stem, White Most Saddle and seatpost, Campy Eurus 2 way fit wheels

Specialized Tarmac Expert Riva 56 Black/Red, Ultegra SL, Ultegra wheels

SW Roubaix SL Ultegra SL 54 Blue/White, Ultegra SL, Mavic Ksyrium Equipe wheels, FSA stem, bar, Fizik Pave saddle, Spec seatpost

Specialized Roubaix SL, SRAM Red 56 Black, Red/Force Mix, Roval Roubaix 350 wheels

Specialized Tarmac SL SRAM 54 White, Force/Red Mix, Mavic Ksyrium SL

Orbea Ordu Rival 51 Black/Red, Rival, Zipp 404's, Vittoria tires, Profile T2 Aero Bars, RC Stem

Orbea Opal Chorus 11 57 Black/Red/White - Chorus 11, Mavic Ksyrium SL, Selle Italia Flight Saddle, Zeus carbon post

Orbea ORCA Sammy Sanchez White Gold 51 Super record, Zipp 202's, Zeus carbon bar, stem, post, Vredistein tubulars

Lynskey Helix, Centaur, Fulcrum 3 Med Centaur, Fulcrum R3's, FSA stem, Wing Pro Compact Bar, Lynskey Ti post

·
Registered
8 Posts
what was the other store? another local nashville LBS such as Alante or someone? I'm in Spring Hill, just south of all of this..

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
That's terrible, I love to stop by Grand Fondo when I pass through Nashville.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Before I could email this to my LBS, I got one from him. He was forwarding GF's email:

Seems like these guys are pros as another shop in my area had someone try to break in their back door over the same weekend...If you see or here of anything relating to the bicycles please contact Gran Fondo...

·
All I wanted was a Pepsi!
5,351 Posts
jd3 said:
Seems like these guys are pros as another shop in my area had someone try to break in their back door over the same weekend...
Who was it in your area, Danny?

·
jaded bitter joy crusher
19,723 Posts
F***. Lynn doesn't deserve crap like this. I'll keep my eyes peeled. Thanks for posting the announcement.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
lemonlime said:
Who was it in your area, Danny?
I got the Grand Fondo email forwarded to me by Hal at the Peddler. The other shop referral was to another Nashville shop. I don't know which one

·
On a different mission...
624 Posts
Damn...I guess that LBSes are the new banks. Bike parts are selling at all-time highs everywhere, including eBay and Craigslist.

·
Registered
27,471 Posts
They may be headed west.

BNA_roadie said:
Supposedly one was found today in a pawn shop in Dallas TX.
They had to pawn one for gas money. Next stop, Phoenix, then LA.

Damn shame. That's alot of valuable bikes.

·
Registered
296 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts