Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to ride the Natchez Trace this fall and was wondering if anyone has put together a cheat sheet of sights to see by mile marker. Would use on handlebars to show each site by mile marker.

Thanks

Dave

·
Registered
523 Posts
I have ridden the Natchez Trace in the Nashville area several times and down around Tupelo once. I honestly haven't done much stopping to see the sights but there is a quaint little town near Nashville called Leipers Fork. It's only a couple miles off the Trace so you are not going much out of the way. It has some cute little shops and a popular grocery/restaurant called Pucketts.
Puckett's of Leiper's Fork

Also, about a 1/4 north of Leipers Fork is the General Lee and a police car from The Dukes of Hazzard. Kind of cheesy but something to see.

I would recommend going to the National Park Service website, if you have not already done so. It breaks the Trace up into four sections and lists a handful of places to see and for each section and their mile marker number. Under the 'Plan your Visit' tab, click on 'Places to Go'
https://www.nps.gov/natr/planyourvisit/tennessee.htm

·
Registered
502 Posts
You might try crazyguyonabike.com: Bicycle Touring: A place for bicycle tourists and their journals. This site is used by a lot of cyclists to journal their trips. They have an extensive archive of trip journals. You should find lots of useful sightseeing info. Let us know how your trip goes. I am planning to ride the Trace as a celebration of retiring this May. I want to do some touring and this seems like a good way to get started. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I have ridden the Natchez Trace in the Nashville area several times and down around Tupelo once. I honestly haven't done much stopping to see the sights but there is a quaint little town near Nashville called Leipers Fork. It's only a couple miles off the Trace so you are not going much out of the way. It has some cute little shops and a popular grocery/restaurant called Pucketts.
Puckett's of Leiper's Fork

Also, about a 1/4 north of Leipers Fork is the General Lee and a police car from The Dukes of Hazzard. Kind of cheesy but something to see.

I would recommend going to the National Park Service website, if you have not already done so. It breaks the Trace up into four sections and lists a handful of places to see and for each section and their mile marker number. Under the 'Plan your Visit' tab, click on 'Places to Go'
https://www.nps.gov/natr/planyourvisit/tennessee.htm

I love Liepers Fork. I'm from Indianapolis, but visit Liepers Fork every September for a radio control airplane event call Nash Bro. Long story.

Short version, We fly r/c airplanes in the field where the General Lee is parked, about a hundred yards north of Pucketts. It's a four day event with about 80 guys showing up to fly. We fly them very hard, doing all sorts of crazy aerobatics. Lots of planes get torn up during the weekend...and it's a great time.

Liepers Fork is a neat little town. I like the Country Boy restaurant better than Pucketts, but, Puckets is an interesting place to visit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts