Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
$4000 bike - two bit legs
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Crewman (and anyone else interested in a 5-6 day self guided tour):

Since we missed out on riding the Blue Ridge Parkway last summer, how about a Natchez Trace trip??? A friend and I are getting together a group for a 5+ day camping/riding excursion down the Trace. The plan is for the end of August/early September. At this point, we have about 6 guys tentively going on the trip. We are welcoming anyone with a bike, a tent, and an interest in riding a century a day for five straight days...maybe six. Any interest??

We haven't even started working on details. The basic idea is to have each of us take turns driving from that day's start point to the endpoint then getting on his bike and riding back to the group. As you know, I'm not a big fan of camping but if I'm tired enough and have had enough beer, I can sleep on anything (a reality I proved over and over again while in college).

Anyone from the board is more than welcome to join us.

Paul

·
Registered
138 Posts
The Trace

I rode the Trace a couple of years ago with a group. Somewhere in my pc I have our schedule with stops, restaurants, hotels, etc. if you're interested.

·
$4000 bike - two bit legs
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm interested

I have a book entitled "Bicycling the Natchez Trace" which will give us general ideas of stops, camping spots, etc.... I would appreciate any info you have. You can email me : [email protected] Of course, with this new forum, I didn't have to post my address, did I?

·
Baltic Scum
1,826 Posts
The book is a good starting point...

...however, on last year's trip up the NT, we found many of the recommended stops not to be up to par for thirsty and starving cyclists. Two of our significant others provided SAG which made all the difference. As for overnight accomodations, let me recommend looking into B&Bs. Not as cheap as camping, but much more comfortable, plus, all were close to the parkway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.