Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Master debator.
8,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife and I really enjoyed Lady Gaga's version last year. Whitney Houston is probably the best version, ever. Tonight, Luke Bryan, I can tell already that I won't like it. We shall see what the commercials bring, I haven't seen any yet.

·
Russian Troll Farmer
3,421 Posts
2 versions of our national anthem at sporting evens really stand out in my mind: First was Jose Feliciano singing a VERY free-form version once, and the second was Roseanne's off-key version at a baseball game one time...

·
Custom Title= ?
785 Posts
... Whitney Houston is probably the best version, ever....
Easily.
The commercials were up on YooToob by yesterday, so what reason is there to watch the game?
Related note: Best America, the Beautiful is anything done by Ray Charles...

"]
[/URL]
<o:p
"]
[/URL]
</iframewidth="560"></o</iframewidth="560">

·
Master debator.
8,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I probably liked the Martha Stewart Snoop Dogg commercial the best...

·
Banned
987 Posts
A new twinkle in his eye.

I find objectionable the sexualization of Mr.Clean.

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
My husband was partial to the one with Christopher Walken in it, b/c anything with Walken is automatically great in his book.

I did like the McCarthy one, b/c it appealed to the wanna-be activist inside me. That's how it feels trying to avoid getting a plastic bag at the store dammit! :p

Bieber was great in his commercial. I know it's his job to be cute, but this was the first time I though, hey he's kinda cute. Maybe the suit makes him look grown up for a change.

Buicks- wtf. How did these become cool?? :skep: I'm not buying it, literally or figuratively.

Halftime show was okay. I'm not one for pep rallies and such, but it's hard not to sound moving when singing a patriotic song. One of Gaga's songs sounded a LOT like Madonna's "Respect Yourself," for a second I thought it was a cover.

I missed the Kitten Halftime Show, though I did see some of the Kitten Bowl. Game itself was pretty good, my sister wanted Atlanta to win b/c the Patriots are apparently a bunch of elitist cheaters and she hates Brady. I don't know anything about football.

·
a real member's member
3,880 Posts
I did see some of the Kitten Bowl. Game itself was pretty good...
i thought it was terrible! where were the refs?? at the end, that one kitten was clearly offsides, and it wasn't called!! totally changed the game!

rigged!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts