Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
13,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why did they have to taste better than Poptarts, why!

Then Harris Teeter put them on "sale" just when I thought I could go back to the much cheaper but clearly inferior Poptarts. I ended up buying a run of all the flavors- $10 worth of fancy organic toastery goodness.

Off to toast up a Wildberry Acai with my free coffee.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Well, I'm just thankful that I manage to find Kellogs' pop tarts over here. While I wish I have the option to try what you're losing your monies too, it's better than not having any man!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
They taste better because they have more sugar. Check out the nutritional info for both...you're actually probably better off with the Pop-Tarts.

·
Administrator
13,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
chs4 said:
They taste better because they have more sugar. Check out the nutritional info for both...you're actually probably better off with the Pop-Tarts.
Probably better off not eating either, but its one of my few remaining dietary vices (along with a once a week trip to Chipolte).

Warm out of the toaster, with a cup of coffee yum!

Good call on the sugar. It's fancy earthy crunchy sugar: "organic evaporated cane juice" but still sugar. Plus organic honey AND organic molasses, trifecta!

:D

·
Super Moderator
19,519 Posts
I saw them at the Whole Foods yesterday. I had to slap my own quivering hands to stop myself from picking up a box or two.

·
Administrator
13,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
il sogno said:
I saw them at the Whole Foods yesterday. I had to slap my own quivering hands to stop myself from picking up a box or two.
They are Organic Crack-in-a-Box, you have been warned!

·
Super Moderator
19,519 Posts
Coolhand said:
They are Organic Crack-in-a-Box, you have been warned!

210 calories per pastry. That's not so bad is it?

And the blueberry ones are only 200 calories. That's practically diet food!

·
Registered
377 Posts
And blueberries are fruit, so they are automatically good for you. I just ate a chocolate fudge Pop Tart and I feel very fine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.