Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is it that Nazis look so much more convincing in Glorious Technicolor than in any more modern and supposedly more accurate colorthingies. Everything else in Technicolor looks like total crap, but it seems to take a shine to Nazis. Could it be that Technicolor is a Nazi invention captured by the OSS, much in the manner Werner Von Braun was shanghaied into making rockets for the good guys? Should it be redubbed "Nazicolor"? Was it some espionage gimmick that would make Nazis stand out on reconaissance footage? I'm lost at sea here and my mind is spinning with images from Nazis doing their Nazi things. Help me.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
rogger said:
Why is it that Nazis look so much more convincing in Glorious Technicolor than in any more modern and supposedly more accurate colorthingies. Everything else in Technicolor looks like total crap, but it seems to take a shine to Nazis. Could it be that Technicolor is a Nazi invention captured by the OSS, much in the manner Werner Von Braun was shanghaied into making rockets for the good guys? Should it be redubbed "Nazicolor"? Was it some espionage gimmick that would make Nazis stand out on reconaissance footage? I'm lost at sea here and my mind is spinning with images from Nazis doing their Nazi things. Help me.
have you been drinking with friction shifter?

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lousylegs said:
have you been drinking with friction shifter?
No, he's always drunk when I wake up. :rolleyes:

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
rogger said:
Are you talking about two-color Technicolor or three-strip Technicolor?

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mohair_chair said:
Are you talking about two-color Technicolor or three-strip Technicolor?
Get your mind out of the gutter. NTTAWWT.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
well from what I know

Black, Tan and Red look good in any form of color. simple schemes, strong graphics, clean lines. There's alot to hate about the Nazi's but one of them isn't their design or fashion sense.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
rogger said:
dunno WTF you're talking about, but this Slate article I read on Hitler was interesting:

http://www.slate.com/id/3026/

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
obviously Paris

never happen in Chateauneuf Du Pape. they gots ordinances and stuff

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
atpjunkie said:
never happen in Chateauneuf Du Pape. they gots ordinances and stuff

Yeah, never in CdP, ordinances prohibithing flying saucers in vineyards et all... Smart thinking. Of course, any sighting of flying saucers over the vienyards would be an ugly rumor. And if it appeared in the press they'd call it a Chateanuef du Pape smear.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
well my wife likes rhoney pinks once in a while

so on her birthday nothing suited the menu better than a pink cigare volante.
ya know Frank Black had a song of the same name?

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
thinkcooper said:
Yeah, never in CdP, ordinances prohibithing flying saucers in vineyards et all... Smart thinking. Of course, any sighting of flying saucers over the vienyards would be an ugly rumor. And if it appeared in the press they'd call it a Chateanuef du Pape smear.
Still have to pick up some more of your Bonny Doon reds to try...I love the Pacific Rim Reisling for summer and sushi, but the zin blends sound really interesting.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
Sogno!

Get the Gris Cigare Volante. like a Rhone Blush, nice on said summer day

1 - 15 of 15 Posts