Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well is appears the Ardennes will not be broadcast on TV this year. So if you want to watch you'll have to find it on line somewhere. It's looking like that may be the case for la Vuelta as well.

I guess now may be the time to say goodbye to the sport.

·
Super Moderator
19,518 Posts
Are you talking about Fleche Wallone and Liege Bastogne Liege? Cause they're on NBCsports cycling pass subscription on Roku.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,945 Posts
If you're wanting TV coverage...it is almost never on TV. Lots of streaming options tho. Main thing is getting passed region blocking and exclusives.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Apparently NBC did finally update NBCSports so they are showing FW and LBL tape delayed (which I expected that). Guess they didn't want to put them on the schedule until they were sure the races were going to happen.

I wasn't referring to Gold (or cycling pass) I was referring to on TV on on NBC Sports or Olympic Channel.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Currently it's appearing that so far la Vuelta isn't going to be on TV. Maybe it will end up on TV, but right now it's not.

·
off the back
15,579 Posts
If it's like past years, it will be, hour and a half, two hour shows broadcast at 2 in the morning.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If it's like past years, it will be, hour and a half, two hour shows broadcast at 2 in the morning.
Ah, and the TV currently only shows until about noon on the first day. Thanks, that makes sense.

I'm shocked Paris-Tours is on at like 11am this Sunday. Not exactly sure how that happened.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Vuelta is showing up on NBC Sports search function now. Yay!
What time? Right now my Dish "TV Guide" goes to 1pm on Sunday the 18th. NBC Sports has Premier League soccer from like 6am through the time the guide shows. The Olympic channel is showing the Worlds for some reason.

Hopefully since you have it showing it, it'll show up here soon.

·
off the back
15,579 Posts
At the end of Paris-Tours, Roll said there's be daily live coverage of the Vuelta on the Olympic Channel, same channel they broadcast the Worlds.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
At the end of Paris-Tours, Roll said there's be daily live coverage of the Vuelta on the Olympic Channel, same channel they broadcast the Worlds.
Heard that as well. So it should show up eventually before I have to manually set a timer for it.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I've heard if you Google "TizCycling Live" you may be able to watch most all the European races. I've heard that, but of course I cannot confirm this. I certainly didn't watch the Giro and Gent-Wevelgem today that way. That would be wrong.

·
Registered
451 Posts
What time? Right now my Dish "TV Guide" goes to 1pm on Sunday the 18th. NBC Sports has Premier League soccer from like 6am through the time the guide shows. The Olympic channel is showing the Worlds for some reason.

Hopefully since you have it showing it, it'll show up here soon.
Sorry, Olympic Channel. Very early mornings starting 10/20 with additional repeat showing(s) later. I choose to watch the early showings to avoid accidentally running into spoilers. US news doesn't usually report on bike races but France 24 news does.

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
I've heard if you Google "TizCycling Live" you may be able to watch most all the European races. I've heard that, but of course I cannot confirm this. I certainly didn't watch the Giro and Gent-Wevelgem today that way. That would be wrong.
HAHAHA!!! I have heard that nasty rumor before as well. Savages....

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It would be so wrong. lol

It does appear Olympic Channel does have la Vuelta.

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
FYI, Flobikes + a good VPN allows you to pretty much watch everything on one account.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here's an update. This was the last year NBC is broadcasting the Worlds. Flo Bikes (streaming service) will have them for the next 4 years. One more set of races that are no longer on TV. So just one more race to toss into the not bothering to watch category. I refuse to pay for a streaming service. VPN pretty much requires you to watch live which makes that worthless. So cycling is pretty much at the point of it's just not worth it to watch anymore.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Here's an update. This was the last year NBC is broadcasting the Worlds. Flo Bikes (streaming service) will have them for the next 4 years. One more set of races that are no longer on TV. So just one more race to toss into the not bothering to watch category. I refuse to pay for a streaming service. VPN pretty much requires you to watch live which makes that worthless. So cycling is pretty much at the point of it's just not worth it to watch anymore...once Alejandro retires.
FIFY :p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts