Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
ab aeterno
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NBC's online coverage of the olympics suck. The video quality is awesome but that's where everything ends. Sounds are muted and their is no commentary except in a blog format and the guys doing the commentary don't know too much about what they are talking about. It'd be great to get some commentary with the sports.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Damn. That sounds bad man.

Any way to watch live streamings perhaps then?

I'm waiting for the swimming finals in a few hours time.

·
No team-cest unless 8+!
7,158 Posts
Dude. I hate commentators. I would rather watch most sports with the sound off.

Besides the stats, they rarely have useful things to say.

·
ab aeterno
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cruzer2424 said:

It helps to have someone explain what the heck is going on in sports i don't know about.

·
No team-cest unless 8+!
7,158 Posts
TheDon said:
It helps to have someone explain what the heck is going on in sports i don't know about.
Haha. I agree. I was thinking about that after I posted my reply... But like... Football? Ugh.

·
ab aeterno
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cruzer2424 said:
Haha. I agree. I was thinking about that after I posted my reply... But like... Football? Ugh.
Yeah totally pointless for football, basketball, soccer, but it's kind of helpful for field hockey or fencing just so I can follow along.

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,282 Posts
I'm with Cruzer. I love the absence of commentary. Instead you hear the ambient sound, something that greatly adds to the atmospheric. And if those cyclingtv guys could just buy the video equipment NBC is using, I'd be a year long subscriber for sure.

·
No team-cest unless 8+!
7,158 Posts
TheDon said:
Yeah totally pointless for football, basketball, soccer, but it's kind of helpful for field hockey or fencing just so I can follow along.
Ugh.

Gymnastics, vault, prelims-- "She's going to have to have a great landing if she wants a medal."

Srsly? Dang. I thought they could fall over on the landing if they had an awesome takeoff. :rolleyes: :mad2:

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,035 Posts
Mapei said:
I'm with Cruzer. I love the absence of commentary. Instead you hear the ambient sound, something that greatly adds to the atmospheric. And if those cyclingtv guys could just buy the video equipment NBC is using, I'd be a year long subscriber for sure.
I boycotted my boycott to watch a little of the road race (before they cut away from it, of course). I can't believe how good the broadcast looked in HD. I've never seen a bike race look so good. Ever.

·
Non Non Cyclist
5,777 Posts
Cruzer2424 said:

Agreed. The only commentators I like are the hispanic soccer commentators when they yell GOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLLL(gasp)
goalgoalgoalgoalgoalgoalgoalGOOAAAAALLLLL!

They are awesome.
:D

·
Frog Whisperer
40,915 Posts
the video is great BUT it is sooooooo limited as to what you can see.....They keep asking for my TV provider and I don't HAVE a tv provider...Seems that if you don;t pay you don't watch...except for a very few short clips

Anyone see the womens road racing yesterday? man the weather sucked......inches of water on the roads...........shudder..........

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
lets_ride said:
Agreed. The only commentators I like are the hispanic soccer commentators when they yell GOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLLL(gasp)
goalgoalgoalgoalgoalgoalgoalGOOAAAAALLLLL!

They are awesome.
:D
Sounds like a [email protected] :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts