Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
I bought it last year for the Tour. It has been nice to have, I don't love the Paul/Phil duo or the announcers that NBC has signed on, they can't compete with the blokes over on Eurosport.
I do like that you can replay the event anytime.

·
What the what???
12,922 Posts
I had been using CyclingTV but their subscription was $69.99/year and the quality wasn't great. But I did get to watch a number of European races I hadn't heard of.

Recently I switched to NBC and so far I like it. No commercials. Complete stages, or significant (3hrs.) chunks of stages. Better picture quality. $39.99/year. Fewer races overall, but more big tours. I just wish they carried the Giro.

I missed last years TdF, so I'm going back and watching it now.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I've used it for 2+ years and really like it. They don't have nearly all the races but for the ones they cover I think it's pretty good.

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,285 Posts
Me and Sogno's go-to channel to watch bicycle races. If possible, that's where we go.

·
Banned
Bianchi Nuovo Alloro, Lemond Etape
2,299 Posts
Its now 39?
I liked it 2 years ago when I paid 29 just for TdF, since that is pretty much the only thing I purposefully watch on TV.
When they made it a package at 29, I was more happied.
$39 is pressing it. Esp when I can click enough eurosport links until I find one and see most of the other races for free.

The coverage itself is pretty good.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Going to have to look into this. Fubo.tv was awesome for the Giro but has now become completely useless. It really is a shame as it started out with great promise. Don't know what happened over there or if it's any better for other sports or entertainment (though I can't imagine that it is, since for e.g. you can only scroll forward 4 hours in their guide so forget about setting DVR timers for tomorrow or the next day etc.), but I just cancelled as I got tired of their excuses and they no longer list coverage of the other major tours - and their incompetence caused me to miss the entire Dauphine'.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I also access through my Roku and really like it. I recently cut the cord so freed up some $$ to watch something I really want to watch without commercials and on my schedule. However, if they keep jacking up their prices year after year (like cable) I am sure I will end up dropping it at some point.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I've had it a couple of years. I think it's great. The quality is excellent and I don't even have a top tier internet speed. It's far better than the quality of the typical you tube rerun or the steephill feed. I don't mind Phil and Paul but they are not on all the races, the other announcers they are using are fine with me for the most part. I love that I can access the feed any time later in the day with no effort.

I have a problem with the feed getting dropped randomly or crashing the browser when using FireFox. It works flawlessly on Internet Explorer however. I have Windows 7. The app works well also. I got stuck in the Phoenix airport all night last night and using an android tablet watched a few stages of the Dauphine and the Tour de Swiss!

If all you are interested in is Le Tour it may be a bit pricey, but there are a lot of other races.

·
Banned
2,299 Posts
I looked at the NBC package. It is getting too pricey.
I am going to get a VPN service for July, and practice my Italian or French listening skills.

I came across "expressvpn." If anyone has suggestions for vpn service, that can be cancelled after 1 month, please post details.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
I'm with PJay. The VPN is looking like the best option. Would prefer to get a Spanish feed as at least I can pick out some words with that. However, I'll still take whatever I can get.

·
Banned
2,299 Posts
NBC Gold just charged my account for a second year.

I have sent off a note asking to get that cancelled - the "agreement" says to contact "customer service," but gives no guidance on where or how to do that.

So, I just sent messages to three NBC emails I could locate. So, my "cancel subscription" went to the same place where y'all are asking to have "Will and Grace" renewed.

Sigh.

I also did a charge dispute with Amex. We will see how all of this goes.

·
Vermonter
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You may cancel your subscription to NBC Sports Gold by contacting customer support at [email protected]. If you cancel your subscription, the cancellation will go into effect at the end of the current subscription period. While your sports pass for your current subscription period will remain active, your subscription will not be automatically renewed for the next subscription period. We generally DO NOT provide CREDIT, REFUNDS, or PRORATED BILLING for subscriptions that are cancelled prior to the end of the current subscription period.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Are you sure it's a second one. Only reason why ask is I joined earlier this year before the current 17 into 18 year starts. I had an issue with a card and was told that payment would be taken the week of the 18th. I have a financial secretary who watches all those numbers and she thought same thing.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Vermonter
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Are you sure it's a second one. Only reason why ask is I joined earlier this year before the current 17 into 18 year starts. I had an issue with a card and was told that payment would be taken the week of the 18th. I have a financial secretary who watches all those numbers and she thought same thing.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
I can't specifically address your particular situation but this was the statement from NBC Gold that I found on their website. One would think that if one subscribed to a particular period then it follows that you would have to renew again but a lot of these sites automatically renew without your consent. That always ticked me off, so I sympathize with your concern.

·
Registered
221 Posts
NBC attempted to renew my subscription a week or two ago. It didn't go through because the card on file was closed. I updated my may card info and it will renew on the 28th of June according to the email they sent me. Yes, renewal is automatic every year once they have your card on file. They got your consent when you first subscribed. Don't forget to read the fine print! I am not fond of that approach but that is how they do it and I hope you can get a refund.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.