Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting an intermittant "clanking" noise from my drivetrain. The noise is pretty loud and I can feel it in my feet when pedalling, usually happens after freewheeling, or after a stop. It's not regular nor is it in time with the wheels or crank. After looking at everything, I'm 90% sure it's my rear hub. Probably worn or bent pawls.

Anyhoo, I'm now in the market for a NOS 8spd Record or Chorus hub circa 1994 or so. I've tried e-bay and a few other places without luck. Anybody got any ideas?

· Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I worked on it at length today. The hub had a few out-of-round bearings. I replaced all the bearings. The cups/cones look great. I also replaced all of the pawl springs. If was fine when I rode it today. Time will tell if this cured it, but so far, so good.

· Chili hed & old bike fixr
1,197 Posts
I have one or two of the Campy 8-speed hubs. They are not new but they are not beat up either. Save thismessage and if you need them later, drop me a line or a PM with your contact data and I can send you some photos, if you think this has any worth.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.