Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
merckxman
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this 1996 made for Cipollini Cannondale frame (photo is of BB; confirmed by Cannondale as made for Cipollini) that I have decided to go ahead and build up. It's 57CM and weighs 3 lbs exactly so I would like to use it as the starting point for a lightweight project (I know it's not the best starting point but I think it's reasonably light). Head tube is for 1 inch fork. What would be your recommendation for a lightweight fork to go along with this frame?

Thanks!

·
Juanmoretime
2,201 Posts
Easton EC90SL

I have a 2005 SL and an SLX, unfortunately the SLX doesn't come in one inch. My SL came in 333 grams before cutting and have been every bit as good as the Reynolds Ouzo Pro it replaced. To date I've put about 4,500 miles on this fork. I did go with the straight leg version although it does come in curved. The can be found new for a little over $200 on Ebay just make sure you get the 2005 or 2006 version.

·
Registered
64 Posts
2nd the Easton Recommendation

Just got one for a Merckx that I have. Its nice. Colorado Cyclist had them on sale for a good price..

·
RoadBikeReview Addict
673 Posts
Merckxman...I know my neighbor sold a C'dale Cipollini frame on eBay. Maybe you're the proud new owner? Do you know who/where you bought it? Just curious.

·
merckxman
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I recall,

...it was a guy in CT. Maybe 2 years ago now...
jtferraro said:
Merckxman...I know my neighbor sold a C'dale Cipollini frame on eBay. Maybe you're the proud new owner? Do you know who/where you bought it? Just curious.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts