Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping someone can identified for me if the zipp wheels posted are 2011 or 2012?.. I asked the seller with no success (the seller told me they came with a 2012 scoot rode bike)

ty

·
δanned
7,006 Posts
I'm not positive of the year model, but I can say that they are somewhat older because they have the aluminum brake tracks. The more recent 404 clinchers are full carbon.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like i found them using google search------> Zipp 404 hybrid clincher ended in June 2012.

:
Note: Production of the Zipp 404 hybrid clincher ended in June 2012. Zipp will continue to provide ongoing support for this product through our normal sales/service channels.
See the Zipp 60 as an alternative wheel set.

The clincher version of the 404 utilizes the go-anywhere, win-anything 58 mm rim depth model and convenience of clincher tires with an aluminum brake track.

For greater strength and reliability, Zipp’s M2CM™ technology fuses the aluminum hoop to the inner carbon section during the molding process. And still, the 404 clincher features Zipp’s exclusive ABLC™ dimples, VCLC™ vibration-reduction technologies, and the smooth, stiff and durable 88/188 hubset.

New for 2012, the 88/188 hubset has been improved with a 7.5 mm wider bearing stance and a body shape canted out by 2 degrees for added stiffness and strength. The fully sealed hubset comes in a stealthy Beyond Black or classic Falcon Grey color schemes.

Please use 16mm x 0.5mm x 700c rim tape to make tire mounting easier.

Recommended and approved brake pads

Note: This wheel uses our legacy hybrid-toroidal rim shape and NOT the Firecrest®.

Zipp - Speed Weaponry | Wheels | 404 Clincher

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.