Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently own a 2007 Specialized Allez Comp Double and already want to upgrade...where should I go from here? I think I even want to go ahead and spend the money to get something in the S-Works line but I'm unsure what. I do all road riding by my lonesome because I'm just working on getting into shape and honestly, who wants to run. I would love to get up to around 40 miles 3 to 4 times a week and maybe even start doing long rides in a group from time to time when I get to that point.

Is it good to get the phame and go from there over time while my Allez is still enjoyable to ride, or should I just get a stock bike...keep in mind I will have to pay for everything to get done because I have no idea how to build a bike. Say I want to spend between $5K and $8K. Also, is it a good idea to order an '09 over an '08? And what about these tri-cross S-work bikes?

Thanks for your help in advance.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bicyclerepairman said:
It would help me to know what it is about your current bike that you're finding fault with.....
Nothing really, I just want to upgrade. I mean it is not a smooth shift as I would like, would like a better seat, don't feel like there is enough gears, just overall want a better riding bike.

· Registered
1,070 Posts
ride a lot and demo bikes. most places, including the internet, will let you demo bikes and credit the fee towards purchase price. try and put good long rides on the bikes you demo and you will discover whats important to you. i demoed a BMC from competitivecyclist and had a good experience.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.