Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a set of Bebop pedals on Northwave MTB shoes. The combo works well, but I have one major gripe...with the large Bebop cleat in the right position, it sticks out far enough to make walking on concrete or up stairs a slippery proposition. I like the easy-out nature of the Bebops, which is good for my bad knee. ATACs took too much force to clip out and made the knee ache too much. I don't need a lot of float for my joints to be happy - actually, I can pedal on zero-float platform pedals with no problems. But I still like the clipless experience...

I'm wondering what other pedal out there I could consider. I'm looking for a smaller, more recessed cleat, a bit of float, and most importantly very low clipping-out force. Speedplay Frogs are the most obvious next choice. What else? How are the Shimano XTR pedals for clip-out force? Or Crank Brothers? Or...? Thanks all.

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
candys if you want a platform. this helps if you wanna ride a short distance in regular tennis shoes. eggbeaters if you want minimal weight and true foursided entry.

with teh new design for candies, you can get closeout deals on teh old style.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Try any old flat pedals and some Keen/Teva sandles. You'll suprise your self. I did 100k with that combo and felt great.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fixed said:
I have 6 sets of these, in various iterations, and have used them for almost 10 years. Use them for all bikes that I don't want road cleats on. Work great. Cleat is recessed enough in my Shimano mtb shoes that it does not touch the floor. Cheap, too.

How strong is the spring holding the Crank Bros cleat in place? That's my biggest issue. I guess the Crank Bros pedal reminds me a lot of the ATACs, which makes my knee hurt just thinking about...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts