Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I had a little accident this past weekend. Me and the bike are fine. My trusty Polar Accurex Plus on the other hand took the full impact of the crash and is now history.

I just took a look at Polars site. Wow! there are a lot of options now.

This is what I'm look for in a HR monitor

- Record my workout
- Ability to set maximum HR with some sort of Alarm
- Ability to download. I don't have internet access at home so Polar's web interface would not work.
- Don't need a cycling computer
- Coded transmission

I guess what I want is something equal to my Accurex Plus.

The Polar s610i seems to fit. Any other Polar's or other manufactures that I should look at?

Thanks

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
Polar's 720i uses a nice infrared link, that's fast via their USB-iRDA link. It downloads your excercise files into the Polar software, not web based, allowing you to build a diary of your workouts. You can set-up excercises on the PC and upload to the watch as well. With speed and optional cadence sensor, and the potential of adding the Power sensor, the 720i provides a robust, reasonably accurate HR-based workout tracking system.

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
If you don't need the Cycling function the S610i or S810 are really sweet!
I had the S810i and it was just amazing. I love the R-R Variability feature that allows you to test your stress levels and detect overtraining.

If you think you may want a S720i, PM me for some info.

·
Clyde-o-Matic
713 Posts
The 720I is a nice unit but it doesn't provide a HR based alarm when the bike mode is turned on. If you want it to track speed or cadence, you need the bike mode turned on. Personally, I've adapted and generally don't need an alarm to know if I'm in my desired zone or pretty close to it. I'm still happy with mine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts