1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
LOOK lover
616 Posts
The ones with 100/105 front/rear psi.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you want a Brand Name? Attack/Force Continental.

I´ve used Continental Attack/ Force Tires o My Ksyrium´s SL, and they perform excelente, and haven´t had a Flat in a While. I highly recomend them. What the Bugman Says sounds very logical.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Try out Schwalbe Stelvios.. pretty fast rolling but glue to the road in corners.

But.. as mangolialover says, any race specific tire should do fine. Your technical ability in corners makes a much bigger difference

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
pro2 race

last summer I did 7 crits on my michelins pro2 race, never had a problem. i ran the pressure to around 110. i just wondered if you guys new of a crit specific tire as a use the same wheelset for crits only.

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
rdbike said:
last summer I did 7 crits on my michelins pro2 race, never had a problem. i ran the pressure to around 110. i just wondered if you guys new of a crit specific tire as a use the same wheelset for crits only.
I use the pro2 races as well, good tires as far as I can tell, I've never had a problem with them.

·
497 Posts
try Michelin Pro Lights

rdbike said:
They're the same tire without the anti-puncture belt, so they'll roll slightly faster and conform to the road slightly better in corners. If the course isn't clean, consider using the standard tire on your rear wheel to avoid flats.

·
Registered
8,047 Posts
rdbike said:
What have you guys found to be the best tire on tight corners.
Best tire I have found are Veloflex Paves- their Vittoria counterparts are also quite nice. I think either make Michelins feel mushy.

·
Off the back
326 Posts
Second that

filtersweep said:
Best tire I have found are Veloflex Paves- their Vittoria counterparts are also quite nice. I think either make Michelins feel mushy.
The Vittoria Open Corsa are tremendously sticky. Not good at all for training; almost a weekly flat. But man, do they perform.

For durability, can't beat the Vredestein Fortezza Tri-comps.

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
pitt83 said:
The Vittoria Open Corsa are tremendously sticky. Not good at all for training; almost a weekly flat. But man, do they perform.

For durability, can't beat the Vredestein Fortezza Tri-comps.

Long lap crits and road race on Tri-comps because they are tough and roll well, short lap crits (1km) I use tubulars with sprinters or a light wheelset with Vittoria CX clinchers. If I had to pick one tire to do it all, it would be the Tri-comps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts