Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
mercierfils
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend will begin training for bicycle duty soon. He doesn't expect frequent assignment to the detail, but has a week-long course coming up. He is a leisure bicyclist but in good shape. I have given some advice on shorts and gloves ("you need them - more padding is generally better until you can't do your job") but don't really know how else to help him prepare. He doesn't think he needs big conditioning rides; the training will be more technique-oriented (I can only imagine what) than big mileage.

Any advice from those with experience? Thanks!

·
Weed
1,037 Posts
mercierfils said:
My friend will begin training for bicycle duty soon. He doesn't expect frequent assignment to the detail, but has a week-long course coming up. He is a leisure bicyclist but in good shape. I have given some advice on shorts and gloves ("you need them - more padding is generally better until you can't do your job") but don't really know how else to help him prepare. He doesn't think he needs big conditioning rides; the training will be more technique-oriented (I can only imagine what) than big mileage.

Any advice from those with experience? Thanks!

A friend of mine is a certified police bike instructor. This organization will tell you pretty much what to expect...just click on the links to the various courses.

http://www.ipmba.org/instructors.htm

1 - 2 of 2 Posts