Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be staying north of San Diego for three days in a couple of weeks with 2 days of business and one day to ride. Not booked for hotel yet, but will be somewhere in the Del Mar to Carlsbad area.

Can anyone recommend (1) a good shop to rent a road bike from -- I'll drive to get to a good one -- and/or (2) a 60-80 mile ride commencing from somewhere near Del Mar or Carlsbad, preferably not too high traffic. Hills are fine.

Thanks in advance!

· F1000SL
428 Posts
Well nytro has bike rentals mostly cervelos

you can do the swamins ride, if you go to their site you will find all the ride dates and times. The best is to hookup with them as they go out, is a rideeeeeeee:thumbsup:

One of the to do rides(saturday) in the USA.:D Also nytro is sssssoo cool, check the major Taylor bike.

· Registered
108 Posts
check Trek San Diego website

Hi, I'm a noob here and just saw your post. If its not too late, Trek San Diego is sponsoring a series of training rides for an upcoming century and has links to the routes on their web site (uses BikeRouteToaster, way cool!). Rides are Saturday if you are available and want to go with a group, but you could also just pick a ride and do it solo. Last week's was 70 mi+/- and 5200' climbing. Good luck and have fun. J

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, man -- I did already do my ride out there, but I'll keep that in mind for next time I'm out your way. I wound up doing a route I pieced together myself from La Jolla out to Mt. Woodson (?) just west of Ramona -- 74 mi, 7000+ feet of climb.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.