Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a scattante w-570 last weekend from performance in rockville and the first time I took it out I was having serious gear skipping while downshifting. My 13yr old trek hybrid sounded better than this so I knew it couldn't be right. I took it back and they adjusted the cable on the rear deraileur. I rode it in the parking lot before I took it home and it seemed fine. The next day when I took it out for a ride it was even worse - I was climbing a hill and needed to downshift and it skipped gears again and then totally dropped out of gear - thankfully I got out of my clips (which are new too) before I fell. I called them and they told me that they would fix it again but for some reason I am not feeling this bike so much. Should I just return it and start over? Thanks!:confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your thoughts - to answer your question - I was on the slope and needed to downshift so I could complete the climb. I've never had this problem with a bike before so was at a bit of a loss. I don't know whether I like the bike otherwise, this downshifting problem has prevented me from really riding the bike.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's a good point. I need to let them fix it and then take it somewhere flat to ride it to see how it is shifting. Unfortunately it is really hilly around my house where I have been riding

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.