Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an opportunity to purchase a 2000 Specialized works M4 for $1,000 to $1500, but I do not know enough about this bike to make a decision. It has Time carbon fork; full dura ace (9 speed) and comes with dura ace pedals, dura ace wheels and a wireless cateye computer. Recently tuned up with new cables etc. Is this equipment good enough to justify $1,000+ for a 7 year old bike?

·
You're Not the Boss of Me
7,749 Posts
IMO, no. $800-$900 would be the right range. Also, be sure you are familiar enough with the S-Works M4 to be sure it floats your boat. It is an aggressive, stiff setup. Nice bike to be sure, but not the cup of tea for the casual recreational roadie, seems to me. It will be quick, responsive, and nice to look at, though.

·
C 1/5
613 Posts
I think that amount for that bike it's a bit overpriced. I would pay maybe $600-700 max for it, and it would have to be in superb shape. I think you can get a newer bike with similiar components for that price range.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.