Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into getting a new saddle bag. I have a Fizik Saddle on my Cervelo S5

I am looking at either:

Fizik Saddle Pak

fi'zi:k - High Performance Saddles - SADDLE PA:K

or

Lezyne Pod Caddy
Lezyne micro Caddy

Lezyne Bike Saddle Bags and Caddys

I have heard that the Fiziks zippers break as well the clips break

As far as the lezyne I have had no experience with them however I like their new design however their old design was just elastic and everything bounced around. Now they connect to the saddle frame.

Could you please give me your thoughts between the pod and the cloth bag ideas. This will be my first bag. Also what size to go with? Small or Medium? I would like to keep components on my bike as small as possible but yet fit a tube and tools with my co2 pump and such.

Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just my 2 cents

I am looking into getting a new saddle bag. I have a Fizik Saddle on my Cervelo S5

I am looking at either:

Fizik Saddle Pak

fi'zi:k - High Performance Saddles - SADDLE PA:K

or

Lezyne Pod Caddy
Lezyne micro Caddy

Lezyne Bike Saddle Bags and Caddys

I have heard that the Fiziks zippers break as well the clips break

As far as the lezyne I have had no experience with them however I like their new design however their old design was just elastic and everything bounced around. Now they connect to the saddle frame.

Could you please give me your thoughts between the pod and the cloth bag ideas. This will be my first bag. Also what size to go with? Small or Medium? I would like to keep components on my bike as small as possible but yet fit a tube and tools with my co2 pump and such.

Thanks
Before you decide, may I suggest you do a search on klickfix. I've had one for 16 years and it works as well as the day I got it.They have several styles and sizes. Plus German engineering.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Allow me to suggest the Arundel Uno for a small bag. Tucks up tight against the back of the saddle, no flopping, swaying or bouncing. Holds a tube, tire lever, patch kit, CO2 cartridge and small inflator, plus a small tool. More aero and secure than anything else I've seen.

·
is riding in MOPP4
695 Posts
I admit that I don't have much of experience with saddle bags. I bought a C'dale bag with a special mounting system that attached to the saddle rails in 1999. It worked worked, but the mounting system and zippers broke, so with a friend's recommendation, I picked up a Jandd and have been riding with it since. After 13 years, I decided to pick up another one, the Hurricane Mini Mountain Wedge, because I wanted another color. They aren't the sexiest ones out there, but they are well-made and have heavy duty zippers.

Bicycle Seat Packs and

·
Registered
14 Posts
Here's that link

I admit that I don't have much of experience with saddle bags. I bought a C'dale bag with a special mounting system that attached to the saddle rails in 1999. It worked worked, but the mounting system and zippers broke, so with a friend's recommendation, I picked up a Jandd and have been riding with it since. After 13 years, I decided to pick up another one, the Hurricane Mini Mountain Wedge, because I wanted another color. They aren't the sexiest ones out there, but they are well-made and have heavy duty zippers.

Bicycle Seat Packs and
KLICKfix Micro 40 Wedge by Rixen & Kaul
Here is the link to the outfit that carries the bag. This is a small but there are several other models and sizes. What I love about it is that it's not attached by Velcro but has a bracket with a quick release. And it is very inconspicuous

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have a fizik saddle and have had the same fizik saddle bag ( the smaller one ) since 2007. niether the zipper or the clip has shown any signs of wear to date. I'm very pleased with it. it's small, tucks in nicely under the saddle, but holds enough so my jersey doesn't feel weighted down. I carry 2 CO2, plus nozzle, small patch kit, park multitool, ID and $5 in the fizik bag. so when I go for a ride, I just grab a spare tube, a snack and my phone to put in my jersey and I'm ready to go.

I like how the fizik bag snaps in and out very easily, though no concern of it snapping out inadvertently. I'd recommend it for sure, since you already have a fizik saddle. if you had another brand of saddle, other bags would make more sense.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Check out Scicon Phantom bags. They attach to the saddle with a special adapter and are super easy to take off. They simply do not rattle or ever come lose. As a bonus, tire levers are built into the bag so they do not occupy any space inside, effectively giving you a more compact saddlebag. I have a Scicon Phantom 230 Pro Carbon which is quite small but still fits a tube, CO2 cartridge and an inflator.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,981 Posts
Another suggestion:
Topeak Aero Wedge Pack, micro

Very small, sturdy, well made. I can fit a tube, 2 x CO2 cartridges, chuck, 2 levers, multi tool.
^^^^This one^^^^ It also comes as a clip on in addition the the straps shown in the pic. I've had mine for many years & it still looks perfect.

·
Registered
9,176 Posts
Allow me to suggest the Arundel Uno for a small bag. Tucks up tight against the back of the saddle, no flopping, swaying or bouncing. Holds a tube, tire lever, patch kit, CO2 cartridge and small inflator, plus a small tool. More aero and secure than anything else I've seen.
Another vote for an arundel, any one of them.

ArundelBike - Seat Bags

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.