Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Third Coast Colnago
363 Posts
Salsa_Lover said:
SRAM setups tends to drop the chain in crucial moments.
I don't know about that. I run SRAM Force now after 5 years with 105. With SRAM, i dropped my chain on my first ride ascending a hill and haven't dropped again in over 1000 miles. ALL of the Tour de France winners (Armstrong, Contador, et al) ran with SRAM this year.

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
so did the #1 loser.

this is so awesome, i just had to say it.

calle_betis said:
I don't know about that. I run SRAM Force now after 5 years with 105. With SRAM, i dropped my chain on my first ride ascending a hill and haven't dropped again in over 1000 miles. ALL of the Tour de France winners (Armstrong, Contador, et al) ran with SRAM this year.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think the question comes down to this... How much does weight matter to you? And do you prefer shifting with your brake lever(Shimano), shift lever(double tap), or your thumbs(Campy.)

That's like apples, oranges, and pears.... Sure the weight and prices will be different, but it's all about how you want to shift. On the other hand, I don't think I'm the only one that thinks di2 beats the pants off of any mechanical shifter. :)

·
Sucker for carbon
266 Posts
Noah Photography said:
I think the question comes down to this... How much does weight matter to you? And do you prefer shifting with your brake lever(Shimano), shift lever(double tap), or your thumbs(Campy.)

That's like apples, oranges, and pears.... Sure the weight and prices will be different, but it's all about how you want to shift. On the other hand, I don't think I'm the only one that thinks di2 beats the pants off of any mechanical shifter. :)
Yeah it's great, until your battery dies mid-ride or a servo motor burns out. I bet replacement parts are cheap and plentiful too! I ride a bike to get away from electronics. But you'll probably be faster than me with your Di2 because your wallet is so much lighter. :lol:

21 - 25 of 25 Posts