Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
On your left!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 20 year old VHS camera has finally died. Not because of quality, but because I left it out where my 2 year old could get hold of it.

So, time to replace it. Wow, I could not beleive all of the options. Do I go VHS-C, Sony 8mm or Mini DV?

Based on what I have reviewed so far, I can get a Panasonic VHS-C for $209.00. That appears to be a bargain, but will I pay dearly later on when new tapes are no longer available? Does that apply to 8mm as well?

Anyone else out there recently done their homework and have figured out the best deal out there?

Thanks for any advice you have.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
i really wish you had some "clients" to keep you off the board, but hell, looking at the advice and opinions you share here, i wouldnt give you my money either.

·
On your left!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Troyboy, your replies (and posts) are most welcome

Troyboy said:
Any chance to view that avatar is worth the effort.

As far as Paris, not sure she is worth the tape.

·
Banned
301 Posts
I do believe your hero Johnny Cochran's

bill105 said:
i really wish you had some "clients" to keep you off the board, but hell, looking at the advice and opinions you share here, i wouldnt give you my money either.
law practice must be suffering too. His days don't seem chock full of work. You, I guess, are still home with the folks and don't have to work. Sniff.

·
Registered
61 Posts
racerx said:
My 20 year old VHS camera has finally died. Not because of quality, but because I left it out where my 2 year old could get hold of it.

So, time to replace it. Wow, I could not beleive all of the options. Do I go VHS-C, Sony 8mm or Mini DV?

Based on what I have reviewed so far, I can get a Panasonic VHS-C for $209.00. That appears to be a bargain, but will I pay dearly later on when new tapes are no longer available? Does that apply to 8mm as well?

Anyone else out there recently done their homework and have figured out the best deal out there?

Thanks for any advice you have.
MiniDV is the way to go. You get a better quality image than with VHS-C and Hi-8. It is also a lot easier to load into your computer for burning onto a DVD or editing. The cameras are also a lot smaller and the tapes can hold more footage. You will pay a little more though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts