Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into this redline model http://www.rscycle.com/s.nl/it.A/id.21454/.f?sc=7&category=2695

the conquest pro. Any idea if it's the best deal I can get right now? How is sram rival compared to shimano and to what can we compare it to? 105s , ultegras?

And how's redline, I've never heard of it before. Is it comparable to Jake the snake Kona or better?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Redline is a company that got its start years ago in the BMX business and still has a large BMX presence. They also have a pretty large following in the cyclocross community and I think the frames and bikes are relatively well regarded. SRAM Rival is a great drivetrain value. I would rank its performance better than 105 and possibly on par with Ultegra... It is lighter than ultegra also, mainly due to much more efficient shifter design that uses far fewer moving parts.

Should you buy a redline cyclocross bike? I can't really think of a reason not to if the bike fits you well and you like it. In comparison to Kona I think the Jake would be a good choice too but probably not as light or well specced as this mainly due to the 105 components. Also, the Mavic wheels on the Jake the Snake are almost 2000g, the Ritchey Pro's should be a little less weight.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bbtheory said:
Redline is a company that got its start years ago in the BMX business and still has a large BMX presence. They also have a pretty large following in the cyclocross community and I think the frames and bikes are relatively well regarded. SRAM Rival is a great drivetrain value. I would rank its performance better than 105 and possibly on par with Ultegra... It is lighter than ultegra also, mainly due to much more efficient shifter design that uses far fewer moving parts.

Should you buy a redline cyclocross bike? I can't really think of a reason not to if the bike fits you well and you like it. In comparison to Kona I think the Jake would be a good choice too but probably not as light or well specced as this mainly due to the 105 components. Also, the Mavic wheels on the Jake the Snake are almost 2000g, the Ritchey Pro's should be a little less weight.
thanx for your input, redline it is :D

·
Registered
366 Posts
I was seriously looking at that Redline, but took too long and my size sold out. Ordered a Van Dessel Hole Shot with SRAM Rival instead for a few dollars more. Looking forward to it arriving soon.

That said, I am upgrading from a Kona Jake (will remain my commuter/rain bike) and I have had no issues with the frame, which is the same as the JTS, just different forks. Considered the JTS but went with the Hole Shot to try out SRAM's group.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Dajianshan said:
2nd that! There was Mongoose, Diamondback and then Redline was the new kid on the block.
me too.
I had a webco, diamond back and se quadangle with landing gear forks.
that thing was sweet. My buds had torkers, pk rippers and mongooses.

man I miss those times.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
hey Joe

pigpen said:
me too.
I had a webco, diamond back and se quadangle with landing gear forks.
that thing was sweet. My buds had torkers, pk rippers and mongooses.

man I miss those times.
SE Racing is back in biz

you should see the SE /DC limited edition quadrangle 24"

I have all the films and graphics from Hutch and SE Racing.I redid them all for some vintage bmx guys a few years ago.even did some of Bob Haro's drawings

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.