Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Parlee fan!
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys and Gals!

I'm currently doing a project for my Operation's Management class on Seven Cycles. FUN! The focal point of my project is their "Custom Kit" program, more particularly the data gathering portion from the consumer (you), the LBS to 7Cycles. I was hoping for those of you who had the pleasure of ordering a custom bike from 7Cycles could answer some questions, or better yet walk me through the process you undertook to get measured and receiving the bike/frame. I'd really appreciate it.

Questions:
1) What year did you get your custom 7?
2) What model did you choose and why?
3) Did you purchase it directly from 7 or an LBS? If not, where?
4) How long did the process take? (order through receiving the bike)
5) How long was the data gathering process?
(measuring through 7's confirmation)
6) For a custom frame, what do you think is an ideal waiting period for you?
7) When you got your frame, did the finished product reflect the specs you ordered?
8) Were you satisfied with the measurments?

Again, I really appreciate all your help. Thanks very much!!!

Joe

·
Registered
74 Posts
1) What year did you get your custom 7? 2005
2) What model did you choose and why? Seven Axiom SG; suited my riding style
3) Did you purchase it directly from 7 or an LBS? If not, where? 7 will not deal directly with consumers.
4) How long did the process take? (order through receiving the bike) 2 months
5) How long was the data gathering process? 1 week
6) For a custom frame, what do you think is an ideal waiting period for you? 3 months
7) When you got your frame, did the finished product reflect the specs you ordered? yes
8) Were you satisfied with the measurments? yes

·
Registered
39 Posts
1) What year did you get your custom 7? 2006
2) What model did you choose and why? ID8 comfort described of frame and liked its looks
3) Did you purchase it directly from 7 or an LBS? If not, where? LBS
4) How long did the process take? (order through receiving the bike) 8 or 9 weeks
5) How long was the data gathering process? a week or so
6) For a custom frame, what do you think is an ideal waiting period for you? that was perfect for me. Actually a bit shorter than expected.
7) When you got your frame, did the finished product reflect the specs you ordered? perfectly
8) Were you satisfied with the measurments? fit me like a glove

·
You're Not the Boss of Me
7,749 Posts
Questions:

1) What year did you get your custom 7? 2002

2) What model did you choose and why? Axiom

3) Did you purchase it directly from 7 or an LBS? If not, where? Excel Sports, Boulder CO

4) How long did the process take? (order through receiving the bike) About 6 weeks

5) How long was the data gathering process? About a week

6) For a custom frame, what do you think is an ideal waiting period for you? Up to three months
7) When you got your frame, did the finished product reflect the specs you ordered? Not certain

8) Were you satisfied with the measurments? No. I had dramatic toe overlap and ultimately had to rework the bike's front end (longer TT, shorter stem, more fork rake)

·
Registered
116 Posts

Axiom SG, best overall Seven (great for all types of rides)

LBS

1.5 months

5) How long was the data gathering process?
2 hours of fitting at LBS and then got call from Seven a few days later with more additional questions about the build

2 months

7) When you got your frame, did the finished product reflect the specs you ordered?
Exactly

Yes

·
GIMME MY BIKE!
7,787 Posts
Questions:
March 2005

Alta. It was the top of the line titanium bike at the time. I didn't want carbon or anything that could break or rust. I wanted a bike that would fit me perfectly that would never need replacing.

Joe's Bike Shop, Baltimore, MD

I don't really recall. Probably not more than 8 weeks.

5) How long was the data gathering process? (measuring through 7's confirmation)
Maybe 10 days. This took a little longer because the inital specs looked weird to the Joe's salesguy. We remeasured my inseam and the next set of specs looked perfect.

I don't know. Seven was pretty quick, I got my bike before the first race of the season.

Yes, otherwise the salesguy at Joe's would have said something. I never saw the specs.

I don't know what the measurements are, but the bike feels perfect. So, yes.

·
Parlee fan!
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks very very much!!!!

tpcrider, jtolleson, tourdreamer & vonteity

Thank you all for contributing. I really appreciate it. I went for a plant visit at the 7cycles location (Watertown, MA) and it was a complete drool fest. Jennifer Miller, their Marketing Director, was a sweetheart to show me and my classmate around the facility.

I hope you guys are enjoying your Sevens. I hope to get one myself after I graduate from this MBA program. :)

Thanks again!

Joe

·
Parlee fan!
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Woah... back from the dead.

Well, let's see...It helped me get an A- for the class (Operations Management)... finished my MBA program with distinction a couple of years later... Wife gave me a Merlin Cyrene as a present.. didn't get the ride feel I was looking for... got a Seven Alaris... And led me to become a happy Seven customer.

Did I answer your question? ;)

Joe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.