Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've narrowed my choices down to 3. These are the best that I can afford. I have never ridden a road bike before, so I will be buying from a shop. The 3 which I will be choosing from are the Trek 2.1 the specialized allez and the cannondale caad9-5. Any input will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
likes to eat donuts
827 Posts
Ok. I see that nobody has responded to this so far, so I'll try. I don't have experience with any of these bikes, but suggest that you determine what you are getting as far as components with each model. Usually bikes in the same price range come with similar parts, but one might come with a nicer wheelset, etc. Since it's your first road bike, make sure that you get properly fitted for the bike. This includes the correct frame size, plus things like the proper stem length and bar with as well. I'm sure that some others around here have more experience with some of the bikes that you're interested in.
Good luck! :thumbsup:

·
likes to eat donuts
827 Posts
It depends on which Mavic and which Alex wheelsets you're talking about. It can make a big decision in your choice of bikes, and make it easier to give you good advice here as well! :D

If you can, you should go bike shopping with a friend who knows a little about bikes, or take a little time to research a few things online. It takes a little patience, but I think that you'll make a happier decision that way. :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts