Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am new to the boards and would love any help that one may have. I am currently looking at 3 different bikes to purchase. Here they are:

(1) Cannondale R900 (2005 model in Red!)
(2) Trek 5000 (2006)
(3) Specialized Allez Comp (2006)

All the bikes feel good to me. The Spec. Allez and the Trek 5000 feel a little more comfortable when riding over bumps, etc... I will be mainly riding this bike to get in shape and maybe compete is Sprint Tris. Most rides will be from 20-50 miles with the possibility of 80-100. I will not be racing for the most part. The Cannondale worries me a little because of comfort issues on long rides.

Do any of you ride the R900 on long trips. Should I be concerned? I have only rode the R900 in stock form. I know that the seat is not the most comfortable to being with.

Also are there any reviews on the R900? I didn't see any in the review section of this website.

Well any help or comments would be greatly appreciative.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
True there were not many write up on the R900 but this is a great bike has lots to offer Campy setup and it's a good all around bike, you can't go wrong with Caad 8 althought Cannondale is releasing Caad 9 soon if you could wait until then.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. I decided to purcahse the Spec. Allez Comp. The R900 never really fit me, could be due to the one they had on special, as good as the Allez.

I guess I will moving to the Specialized boards now. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.