Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a cracked early 2000s Chorus freehub and can't find a replacement anywhere. This was the generation where Daytona/Centaur, Chorus, and Record were all identical except for minor differences. Can't find FH-RE415, FH-CH215, FH-DA015, or FH-CA015 anywhere.

The newer post 2007 record freehub FHB0015 is available, but the corresponding axle number is also different from the older hubs. I don't want to risk a failed $125 experiment...does anyone know for sure if it will fit on my hub? I know the last Centaur hubs were different and that the mirage/veloce/centaur freehubs will not fit.

The LBS guru also isn't sure and is trying to contact campy usa, but I do not expect anything other than the usual "nope, won't work, can't do it, not available, just buy a Hyperon instead" answer. The hub is in excellent shape, but the rim is near the end so I may just keep the wheel for parts and stretching tires - unfortanately I don't expect anything to go wrong with the other wheels, except for freehub issues:)

Thanks for any suggestions.

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
check the part #s in the spares catalogs on the campy website to see what parts "trickled down"... you're prob gonna have to get a nos hub and pilfer the fhub

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Campy says the newer ones are not compatible but I disagree.
I purchased a used black Record hub that came with a Fulcrum Shimano freehub conversion and installed it on an NOS older Centaur silver hub and it fits perfectly.Other than the color of the older and new model freehub body they look exactly the same.

give me a day or so and I will pull the Fulcrum and see if the newer one fits the Centaur if you would like.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts