Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well last year while at m last university, there was a neighbor that had this beautiful red/white masi fixed gear. What I remember of it was that he bought it for about $1,000 it had red/white frame with i believe a black or white front fork and white bar tape standard. I since then have forgotten the exact model or if it was in fact a masi fixed but Im almost absolute certain it was. Long story short is that Im looking to find that bike but it being about 1 year old I simply cannot find any pics on google. Any help for finding this bike would be awesome (i.e. previous years PDF catalouge?, etc.)

thanks so much guys!
Geof

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Couldn't find any factory fixed Masi's with any paint scheme close to that in recent years, however, the 2007 Masi Vincere and Gran Corsa both had traits of the bike you're describing in their paint job... but they aren't fixed (from the factory).

They also had the Coltello Frame from 2007 that was white/red with a red/black fork and track dropouts... but they dont show a complete built on that frameset.

In 2004 they offered several red/white/black bikes but none fixed that I can tell.

All info found by the wayback machine for the masi pages.
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.masibikes.com/

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
The Masi Speciale Fixed originally came in orange with blue panels. They subsequently added a dark green with cream panels. The model in the above post was a "limited edition" with clear coat over anodized bare steel, some component upgrades (i.e., a Sugino Messenger crank, Deda bars, etc.) and a higher price.

For '09, they dropped the orange and added a kind of metallic yellow.

But red/white? None that I've ever seen.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys for the drops. JaeP it did look similar to that so im assuming he had a different color front fork instead. thanks again to everyone.

Sidenote- now im looking into a Bianchi Pista instead but not a single store has one in stock and im not looking to pay MSRP on a new bike. rather get used.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.