Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some Sidi shoes for my wife. She had been wearing Mens Shimano size 42, which fit lengthwise, but the width was too big, and the straps dragged down past the bottom of the shoe. So, I bought Women's size 42 in Sidi, special ordered from LBS, but they are way too narrow in the toe box, as well as too short. According to all of the charts, the sizes should have been the same. Does anyone have some knowledge in how the Men's NARROW sizes in Sidi compare with the regular Women's size?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I have no clue how narrow the men's narrow is, but bear in mind that Sidi shoes do stretch a bit with wear. I've got a men's 43.5 which when I first got them were snug as heck and now the toe box has more then enough room. I think the shoes stretch as well as the insole breaking in...

·
Registered
344 Posts
rbart4506 said:
I have no clue how narrow the men's narrow is, but bear in mind that Sidi shoes do stretch a bit with wear. I've got a men's 43.5 which when I first got them were snug as heck and now the toe box has more then enough room. I think the shoes stretch as well as the insole breaking in...
Ditto. After a hundred miles or so the toe area became much more comfortable or "form fitting" for me and my sidi's. It was originally very narrow and a tad too tight. Now they're pretty darn comfy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.