Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i finally got my shifter in the right place on the handel bars for me but they lean at the wrong angle for my wrists

if i ride more than 20 miles it causes my wrists to hurt
lbs told me that there is nothing i could do about it though ...

i was wondering if any one had better advice ...
thanks in advance ...

·
Registered
21,639 Posts
Confusing question

Your shifters are in the right place but they hurt your wrists? Sounds to me like they are in the wrong place. Please be a little more specific about what is right and wrong about your current position, and what brand/model shifters and bar you have, and any other setup details (saddle to bar drop, etc.).

·
Registered
433 Posts
laotsu42 said:
i finally got my shifter in the right place on the handel bars for me but they lean at the wrong angle for my wrists

if i ride more than 20 miles it causes my wrists to hurt
lbs told me that there is nothing i could do about it though ...

i was wondering if any one had better advice ...
thanks in advance ...
I don't think there's a "right" place for everyone because riders come in all shapes, sizes, and flexibilities. My method is to put the levers on the bar where I think they should be, then take them riding before taping the bars. If your wrists are cocked at an angle, it probably won't be comfortable. The majority of my riding is done on the hoods, so it's important to get it right.

·
Juanmoretime
2,203 Posts
Could you post a picture?

There is all kinds of options including adding or deleting spacers, different angled stem and or length, different shaped bars, different reach or width or a different postion for the levers on the bar.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.