·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

The bike: 2006 Fuji Team Pro
Drive train: Campy Record 10 speed - 53/39 w/ 12/25t 170mm crank arm
Rear wheel: 2007 or 08 Zipp 404 182 Campy free hub

My issue: clicking noise from that area when applied moderate level of torque.
What I've tried so far: disassembled then reassembled the crank and bottom bracket, adjust both derails, check the skewers, seat post, saddle, bottle cage bolts and tried a different rear wheel.
Results with the different wheel (Zipp 808 188 Campy Free hub) 13/26t? No more noise.

Could the 182 free hub be the root cause of the clicking noise?

Please help.

Thanks.

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,662 Posts
Hub and/or freehub bearings? Those older Zipp hubs weren't very durable. I'd take the hub apart and see how the bearings feel. Good job on checking the normal variables before posting here, sounds like you've got it pretty well narrowed down. Check the bearings and let us know how they feel.

·
Registered
21,725 Posts
Hello,

The bike: 2006 Fuji Team Pro
Drive train: Campy Record 10 speed - 53/39 w/ 12/25t 170mm crank arm
Rear wheel: 2007 or 08 Zipp 404 182 Campy free hub

My issue: clicking noise from that area when applied moderate level of torque.
What I've tried so far: disassembled then reassembled the crank and bottom bracket, adjust both derails, check the skewers, seat post, saddle, bottle cage bolts and tried a different rear wheel.
Results with the different wheel (Zipp 808 188 Campy Free hub) 13/26t? No more noise.

Could the 182 free hub be the root cause of the clicking noise?
Grease the splines on the free hub and clean all the cogs on the cassette (remove cassette and wipe everything clean with a rag and then reassemble with grease on all metal contact surfaces.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.