Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I apologize in advance if this is outside the scope of this forum. I'm just kind of stuck and need some expert help. I found what could be a great bike on Craigslist, but I can't nail down the model and year. Owner says it's a 2011 Trek Madone 5.5. I have no reason to doubt him, but I've gotten burned on CL before. I just can't find a 2011 5.5 Madone that looks like it. Thanks for the help. I just can't afford a $2,000 bike right now, and this one could be a great intermediate fix.

Tire Bicycle wheel rim Wheel Mode of transport Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Wheel Bicycle wheel rim

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Phildog. I had noticed the similarity to a 2006. Which makes me wonder whether the guy was just mistaken or was deliberately misstating his bike's age (and therefore its value). I emailed him to ask whether it was really a 2011, since it looked more like a 2006, and he didn't reply.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yeah, a lot of people do that, trying to get more than the actual value of the bike. Unless he has SRAM Red or Dura Ace, that shouldn't sky rocket the price. And the Ksyriums aren't expensive either.

·
Doesn't like subtitles
3,808 Posts
Besides mis-representing the bike, whether deliberate or not, not replying to an emailed question is your signal to move on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, guys. I got a bad vibe on this for all the reasons mentioned above. I'm taking a pass on this one. If he misrepresented all this, what else might he not be telling me....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts