Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a link to the slideshow. Can take a few seconds to load but is fairly straightforward once it is up and running. Sorry about the slideshow guys but this connection is slow and is the only option I really have right now to share the pictures so bear with me. The slideshow contains a dozen or so various pictures of the bike and its components.

http://www.photoshow.net/watch/dv9Vx5br

So I was just given this cannondale. It was partially dissassembled. No idea on year or what it is. Fairly lightweight, suntour downtube shifters, suntour sprint front and rear derailleurs, seven speed rear with double front crank. Crank is a Suntour superbee pro. Cinelli handlebar stem. Has Coda and ALCOA logos on the frame. The wheels seem of good quality and are very lightweight. I threw a set of alex 450's on that had tires mounted for the pics, but there is a picture of the wheels that came with it in the slideshow also. The original wheels have the italian flag colors in a ring around where the tire tube stem pokes through the rim.

It has stampings that have the olympic rings with some italian scripting on one side of the handlebars and a "3 TTT" stamping on the other side. I tried to take a picture of them which is also in the slideshow but I don't know how well you guys can see them.

What is the bike? What do the handlebar stampings indicate? What should I do with it? Bike is in very good shape and is pretty cool.

Here is the serial number from the bottom of the frame:

All info you guys can provide on this thing is appreciated!

:D

·
Registered
674 Posts
Early 90's

Not sure of the year but is definitely an early 90's model. Superbe Pro was the best quality in the Suntour range.Suntour Sprint was one or two levels down from Superbe Pro.
The handlebar stampings 3TTT, that's just the brand (3TTT or 3T depending where you look at it).
Coda-Cannondale house brand for parts
Alcoa-brand of the aluminum tubing used for the frame

It might be the angle of the pictures but the fork looks a little bent.

To get more info, why don't you just contact Cannondale directly with the serial number info?

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
That is the first series of Race bike that Cannondale put out. They started making racing frames in about 1984, yours is a 1986. Back in the 1980's, everybody would make fun of the tube diameter size. Everybody was riding cromoly steel back then. Alcoa is the company that made the aluminum. Hold on to that bike, it's a stiff as can be and great for sprinting. Call 1-800-BIKE-USA and give the operator the serial number, she will tell you all about your beautiful ride.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Not so...

While this is not by any means a recent Cannondale Model, it certainly isn't one of the earlier ones. The early ones had the Cannondale logo on the top tube. After those models came out, C'dale introduced the 2.8 and 3.0 series framesets which were similar to this one BUT had cantilevered rear dropouts and the logo on the down tube . My C'dale track bike is from that period and it has those dropouts. After these came out is when the bike in the pics came out. I'm not quite sure exactly of the year but it was definitely not a late 80's frame.For suer, early 90's.In fact, unless this bike was repainted, the size, font and location of the cannondale logo points to early 90's.

But like Hooben said (I said it too in my previous post), contact Cannondale directly and give them the serial number.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.