Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, this the fixed forum, but I ride SS alot of the time. Here's the problem; I bought a NOS Suntour 18t freewheel the other day and installed on my wheel. Got it back on the bike chain on all is properly tensioned and as i crank the wheels up in the repair stand the freewheel seems sticky. It does not spin out for a long time when I stop cranking and the wheel stops prematurely IMO. Is it possible that the freehub is all dried up? And if so how to relube? I have tried putting some liquid lube on it as the bike was laying on it's side hoping the lube would seep in and do it's thing. Possible to drill a port into the caseing and lube with oil that way?

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just figured it out

Took the wheel off and spun the freewheel, smooth as could be. What happened is when I bought the freewheel, I had the seller remove the old. When he did, he tightened up the cone nuts, that is what was/is binding. I will re adjust and hopefully i did not flatten any bearings out in me 20 mile ride yesterday. Thanks guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.