Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning a week long tour heading south from Krakow into Slovakia and back. I have a 1:500000 road map for both countries and am aiming for the smallest roads. I have only been able to estimate distances and can't find any detail about the grades of the roads. As this part of the world is full o' mountains I worry that the secondary roads may be too steep

does anyone have suggestions for online mapping / route finding rescources?

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
M.J. said:
I'm planning a week long tour heading south from Krakow into Slovakia and back. I have a 1:500000 road map for both countries and am aiming for the smallest roads. I have only been able to estimate distances and can't find any detail about the grades of the roads. As this part of the world is full o' mountains I worry that the secondary roads may be too steep

I have had good luck using www.viamichelin.com for travel routes in England, Spain, France and Belgium. The software will put you on superhighways and fast roads. But, you can try to circumvent this by breaking your trip into small pieces.

I don't know if there are 1:200000 maps for the areas through which you will be riding. But the 1:2000000Michelin maps that I have used for England, France and Belgium have chevrons for climbs on secondary roads -- when you see three chevrons you are in trouble.

·
Registered
21,832 Posts
Cyclists' Yellow Pages

M.J. said:

Consider browsing the Adventure Cycling Cyclists' Yellow Pages (adventurecycling.org). They list all kinds of resources and you can find things by continent and country, including map sources, tour guides, tour operators, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.