Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently running FSA SL-K Light cranks. With the stock rings I get good trim and can use the entire cluster without chain rub.

I recently purchased a set of OSymetric chain rings and installed them following the instructions, and I get chain rub on the first 3 largest cassette gears.

I noticed that the chainrings are quite a bit thinner than the stock chainrings, so I tried adding some 0.5mm spacers between the crank mount and small chainring to move the small chainring in a bit more and then reset the limits on the derailed. That helped a bit but Im still getting more chain rub than I would like. Should I move the spacers between the crank mount and large chainring? Im pulling my hair out trying to get rid of some of the chain rub.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,670 Posts
without seeing your particular bike, in a work stand, there is no way we can tell you how to fix your problem. it may be as easy as 'you're doing it wrong' and failing to adjust the derailleur correctly. you may need to move spacers around. i've mounted those rings on lots of bike and never had any need for spacers. impossible to say from the interwebs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.