Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So am I looking to Upgrade the fork that came with my bike as it is on the Heavy side of things.

The specs on it are 45 mm Rake with a Streight Blade.
I would like a fork that is lighter, but at the same time keeps the same ride feel as the current bike.
I have pretty much narrowed it down to 2 forks
the Reynolds Ouzo Pro, or the Alpha Q GS10.
Here is where I am not sure what direction to go.
The Ouzo Pro comes in a 45 mm rake, but is a curved blade.

The Alpha Q is a straight blade however is only available in 44 mm rake, any idea which would "match" the ride better?.

Any advice would be much appricated.

· Registered
1,558 Posts
You will probably never notice the difference between 44 and 45 mm rakes. The Reynolds, by reputation is not as stiff as the Alpha Q. One thing to note, Alpha Q riders are absurdly enthusiastic about Alpha Qs. It's kind of cult-ish, just like the Moots owners. Reynolds riders tend to not talk about their equipment much. They put it on their bike never to think about it again. My feeling is that Reynolds has long been the standard of the bike industry, and bike shops routinely recommend them to people building up bikes. Alpha Q is sought out by riders who build their own bikes, and are more apt to change what they like or don't like.

· Premium Member
21,853 Posts
Rake is what matters not the shape (straight or curved).

1mm isn't much and I often wonder what the manufacturing tolerance is (does it even fall into plus or minus 1mm?) that anyone could tell the differnce.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.