Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Orbea Alma has an FSA BB30 adapter to use XTR cranks. The bearings are trashed. Can I just push out the bearings and replace with new MegaExo bearings or do I need a whole new adapter. Seem like the adapter has a plate behind the bearing to make that hard to do.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Are you lookinh to change from your xtr cranks to something with megaexo spindle? I just looked through the QBP catalog, but can not find a similar adapter to use with megaexo cranks. They use a piece that goes into the BB30 shell that uses a megaexo threaded bb. They make them for shimano and sram. problem solvers makes one that presses into the bb30 bearings that will fit the megaexo spindle. let me know what cranks you want to use, and I can find you a part number for what you need.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I want to stay with the XTR crank and 2x10 system. This is the adapater that came stock with the bike. Ideally I would like to keep the adapter and place new bearings in.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for the info. I want to stay with the XTR crank and 2x10 system. This is the adapater that came stock with the bike. Ideally I would like to keep the adapter and place new bearings in.
I don't see any bearings listed for sale for that adapter. I am not sure whwt size yours are, I would need to measure them. It might be easier, and cheaper to just buy a new adapter. At bikewagon we have some for sale for only $22.99
Wheels Manufacturing BB30 Shims for HollowTech II - Bottom Brackets - Drivetrain - Shop by Item - Bikewagon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.