Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to Road Biking and don't really know whats good and whats not. I really don't want to spend more than $500. So I know it won't be too nice. But any suggestions on what I should be looking at for that price? I really don't want to go used though, unless thats my last resort. Any help is appreciated.

~Clay

· Cycling induced anoesis
13,019 Posts
trekrider321 said:
I'm new to Road Biking and don't really know whats good and whats not. I really don't want to spend more than $500. So I know it won't be too nice. But any suggestions on what I should be looking at for that price? I really don't want to go used though, unless thats my last resort. Any help is appreciated.

~Clay
At that price point I suggest you give Jamis a look. They have a fair number of offerings in that range. Also, narrow down the type of road bike you'd prefer. There are street, hybrids, cyclocross, road sport and on... the names sometimes vary with manufacturer, but check out some specs on tire sizes and bars and narrow your choices.

Here's one offering that I thought was pretty nice for the money (granted, it's $50 over your limit)
http://www.jamisbikes.com/usa/bikes/08_bikes/08venturasport.html#

And don't forget the all important test rides!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.