Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A LBS by my work is going out of business and is clearing out all of their stock...even their shop tools. Among the items I bought was a chrome Columbus road fork with Campy tabs. The chrome is in great condition and the only reason I know the fork is Columbus is by the little bird symbol they use. The steerer tube appears to be quite long enough to use on 90% of the bikes out there. The fork has yellow painting in the lugwork, and on the top-sides of the fork appears to be an "SP" forged that is also painted in the same yellow paint. I'm curious if anyone here has any idea of what kind of bike this fork originally was installed on? I'd assume a bike with matching light yellow paint? Any idea of the worth of such a fork? I don't currently have a frame to install it on so I'm considering selling it. Thanks in advance for the help.
-Steve

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,248 Posts
I'm 90% sure it is a Pogliaghi fork. The SP stands for Sante Pogliaghi, the Milanese gentleman who built the machines. Please post a picture if you can. It is possible I might want to take it off your hands.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are right. I looked up Sante Pogliaghi and found some pictures of his bike. One bike in particular had a fork that was similar (different crown) with the "SP" forged and painted in the same yellow. I'll try to post a picture of mine tonight.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mapei Roida said:
I'm 90% sure it is a Pogliaghi fork. The SP stands for Sante Pogliaghi, the Milanese gentleman who built the machines. Please post a picture if you can. It is possible I might want to take it off your hands.

Here are some pictures of the fork.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts