Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys..newbie from canada..

i recently bought a SCOTT SPEEDSTER S10 (frist road bike) as i am partaking in a 210km bike ride for cancer...feel free to donate to a good cause

so, i m thinking i need a spare tube, a mini pump and CO2 cartridge...will these fit in one of those under the seat bag thingies??

what do you guys suggest, i get or need... ive ridden 30km or so already at once...so 100/day should be easy...LOL

thanks

phats

http://www.conquercancer.ca/site/TR/Events/Toronto2009?px=1720919&pg=personal&fr_id=1261

·
Registered
627 Posts
Id say that a co2 (w/ xtra shots), tube, patch kit, and mini multitool are needed in a seatbag. And yes they will all fit. What year is your S10? I have an 06' with 3T Ergonova carbon bars, 3T stem, 3T carbon seatpost, Neuvation M28 Aero wheels, Vredeistein Forteza tires, Look Keo pedals, and a Terry fly Ti saddle. its a great bike and plenty comfy for long rides.. I plan on switching from the ultegra group to full campy chorus carbon. Then saving cash for a moots frame.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i beleive its an 07..black with yellow accents... i have look KEO pedals as well...

im a hockey player/bodybuilder...not your typical rider...lol

purchased the bike soley for this cancer ride, and well.... i love the look of road bikes...lol

phats

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
All you need to do is go to your local bike shop and get their version of a CO2 inflator and some cartridges along with some innertubes. Make sure and open the inflator in the shop and try inflating a wheel so that you get the hang of it. Then when you are under pressure, during the ride, you will already know how to use the darn thing.
Also get the tire levers to go with it and practice taking off the tube from the rim, and cleaning out the tire casing of debris, glass shards, all of that.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Nice, the 07 paint scheme is nice in that black/yellow. My 06' is Matte black and raw alum with white logos. What did you pay for yours and did you get it new or used? btw hockey rules.... im hoping dallas can hold on and make the playoffs this year.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys..

keep in mind im in canada... list was $2450 or so...and i got it for $1750 i think...last yr model..
another bike shop told me to get it, as its full ultegra (cranks/brakes..everything).. said he could not beat it.... he was going to build me a stevens ASPIN for $1800, but would of been 105 set up (not thiat i would know the difference...)incidently they are blowing it out at $1400 now...lol

phats

1 - 6 of 6 Posts