Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just now getting into road riding. I have been mountain biking since 1995. I'm looking into getting a road bike. My main use will be for random training and commuting to and from work, which is only 4 miles each way. I don't need anything super fancy. I know its expensive as I have a few high end mountain bikes, ha. I found this bike just randomly looking around. I really like the looks of it and the price is nice. I know it has some lower end parts on it, but I'm not going to be racing it or anything. And I could always upgrade parts later. Any input? Thanks!

Here's a link:

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/16552-018_SETR37-4-Specials-78-Net-Specials/Sette-R-3-Road-Bike.htm

·
Registered
374 Posts
There is no geometry table for the bike: no way to find out which size fits you.
As far as price and parts, it is equipped similarly to BD bikes at that price point.
In any case, you'll likely have to upgrade a saddle and get right sized stem and handlebar immeidately.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Looks OK to me

I don't know anythig about the brand, but the bike would probably be fine for the uses you describe. I'm sure PricePoint could get you details on the geometry or other measurements if you want them.

The "BD" reference is BikesDirect.com, another on-line retailer. They have several similar bikes in that price range, and generally good prices. The downside to ordering from these sources, of course, is that you can't test ride, and really need to know your requirements in terms of sizing. Good luck.

·
Registered
63 Posts
that's a good price. some of the big guys are using shimano 2200 shifters on their entry level bikes. the problem with generic brands is resale value. buyers are very brand conscious. a similar trek or giant etc. would bring twice as much on ebay.
like that white tho.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.