Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm bleeding profusely from my eyes and my ears and all other orifices for that matter and I want to ride tomorrow. Are there any over the counter blood clotters out there or should I use the tried and true crazy glue method on all my holes. I'd hate to miss a day of riding.

Thanks, and have a nice day.

·
Home Brew User!
2,812 Posts
Only ride if the bike really fits. If the bike fits right the bleeding will stop. Good fit resolves all problems.

MAybe you should change you screen name to "Bloody Orifice"

·
Registered
48 Posts
Make....................

JohnniO said:
I'm bleeding profusely from my eyes and my ears and all other orifices for that matter and I want to ride tomorrow. Are there any over the counter blood clotters out there or should I use the tried and true crazy glue method on all my holes. I'd hate to miss a day of riding.

Make your boyfriend use more lube. Change orifices often.

·
BS the DC
1,426 Posts
You should go see the sports medicine doc I see. He's an avid cyclist and specializes in treating athletes bleeding profusely from orifices. He gave me a prescription for Coagulin and showed me how to stretch my Sartorius. He also had me switch from 170 cranks to 172.5.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
Actually johngfoster was the closest to the real cause / solution. Handlebar tape is correct. The obvious problem is that you need more padding to protect yourself from the violent pounding you've been taking. My suggestion is to take 6 pair of Dr. Scholl's Gel inserts and wrap your bars with them.

BTW, you aren't riding one of those horrible aluminum bikes are you?

·
"Cypress Gardens" Fl.
686 Posts
JohnniO said:
That's amazing !! I just lowered my saddle and 3/4 of my holes have stopped bleeding !!

I was just wondering how that would look on a Brooks saddle. Would'nt that reddish tint look killer after it soaks into the leather?

Just an observation :eek:

·
Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
JohnniO said:

What a wuss...chug a beer then get back on the bike and ride.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
You'll mess up your bike!

Cleaning blood off a bike is not always easy. After a long ride, the iron in the blood can virtually bond with an aluminum or titanium because of galvanic corrosion. If riding is absolutely essential, get a steel frame or shrink wrap yourself in heavy duty plastic.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.