Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
My Gloves Stink
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gang. I'm planning my first journey from Petaluma to Coleman Valley Rd. Most of the ride maps I see don't include Joy Rd in the loop. Is there a reason for this? If Joy Rd is okay, would you go up Joy and down Coleman, or up Coleman and down Joy? I prefer steep climbs and less steep descents.

Thanks in advance for your helpful comments.

·
Ya, what ATP said...!
2,140 Posts
Greetings. If you like steep climbs, you'll like Joy Road. It has three pitches to it and the last one is the steepest. I was on it a few weeks ago for the Tam Double and it's a nice road though we came down it. Coleman Valley Rd is pretty steep as well so definitely take it easy coming down.

·
My Gloves Stink
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, mang

Fogdweller said:
Greetings. If you like steep climbs, you'll like Joy Road. It has three pitches to it and the last one is the steepest. I was on it a few weeks ago for the Tam Double and it's a nice road though we came down it. Coleman Valley Rd is pretty steep as well so definitely take it easy coming down.
So if I read you correctly, it sounds like you can go either way. I'm trying to tune up for Levi's Gran Fondo which goes up Coleman Vly, so I try it that way, up Coleman and down Joy. Thanks for the feedback.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts